Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I went to the book signing last night and managed to get a good seat.  I've been to a few book signing events and this one was definitely one of the better ones, not a little bit due to the fact that there is just so much cool stuff in the book to be discussed.

I forgot to bring my copy of Packing for Mars but I brought two others and she happily signed all three.
Notice the mistake in the last one.  It's kind of weird but that made my day!  She was super nice about it and had a great sense of humor (could you really expect anything else?) too and I sure didn't mind.  I guess what makes it truly special for me is the unique and personalized quality to the message (how many people will get books signed complete with editorial marks and the word "duh" included?

It was her first signing event for the new book so that was cool but I kind of wish I could have gone to tonight's at the Mutter Museum (I think) which will involve the curator bringing related specimens.

Sigh.

Well, if I can't go, at least I can close this posting with a picture of a megacolon on display at the museum (photo from aliveandwellcoloncare.com).
Enjoy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment